Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 10

A deceased person who I wish I could talk to.

Larry Fan- Grandpa. You passed in 2000. . The only memory that I have is mom pulling me aside and telling me "go kiss Grandpa, it could be the last time that you see him". If I remember correctly, it was. You were in a hospital bed, struggling to keep steady breathing. It was the first time that I realized how much I hated cancer. It happens to the people who deserve it least. When I picture you, I picture a lot of qualities that my dad has. Even though I can't remember you well, I know that there's so much of my dad that came from you. Everyone loves you so much. Mom, Dad, all tell me great things about you. I wish I could see for myself. The day will come. The picture of you that sits on our mantel broke the other day. In the back we discovered a letter that you had written, the year that you passed. Dad says that you gave him that picture before that year, and both mom and dad say that they didn't put the letter in there. So who did? I believe that you're here with us. I think that on Dad's worst days, you help him just as you did when you were here. He misses you so much. I don't think that I've ever seen dad open up so much to a person as he does when he talks about you. It's the only time that I see my Dad become vulnerable. I know that only a great man could make him this way. If I had the choice, you would be the person that I have the chance to talk to. You mean so much to me, and I love you. 

"Every step I take, every move I make, every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you. Thinking of the day, when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

~ мʏ ωσяℓ∂ ~
- Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore